running Windows 7 (32 bits).
- (1) install the disk and then re-start the computer: The BIOS will see it as 748GB - not good sign, you may say - no need to worry.
- (2) after signing-in Windows, go to the Disk Management tool: right-click on the Computer, from Start, and then select "manage" > "disk management".
- (3) the initialization of the HDD popup comes up, and you have to select the GTP mode.
- (4) you create a new volume, and Windows and File Explorer will see it as 748GB hard disk.
- (5) download the RAID driver and install it, the file SetupRST, from Intel: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23496&lang=eng
- (6) download the free version of the AOMEI Partition Assistant, and follow the steps as explained in the below article: http://vastmeridian.blogspot.fr/2014/02/tutorial-how-to-install-3tb-disk-drive.html
After few restarts you can use the Partition Assistant to increase your partition to 2.7 TBytes.
It worked for me.
Cheers & Success!